We represent the interests of all of the Cancer Society Divisions and Centres across Aotearoa New Zealand. We are here to support people with cancer and their whānau.
Our current campaigns
Check out what we're doing right now.
Meet our team providing support services to cancer patients and their whānau.
National Board and National Advisory Committees
Today the Cancer Society is launching a petition calling for a significant reduction in the number o…
Vision and mission
Located in Wellington, Cancer Society's National Office provides advocacy and a national expert voice on cancer. As an advocate, it supports the development of healthy public policies and provides a voice for those who are affected by cancer. It also advises decision-makers and the public with information based on robust evidence and research. National Office's role spans the development and representation of Cancer Society initiatives, policy platforms and research.
Cancer Society aims to reduce the incidence and impact of cancer, and its objectives include:
- Supporting and funding research within New Zealand into cancer prevention, treatment and cure of cancer.
- Providing supportive care and information to people affected by cancer, their families/whānau and carers.
- Promoting education about cancer for health professionals and publicising progress made in research and treatment.
- Delivering health promotion programmes focusing on cancer prevention.
- Leading advocacy across the cancer continuum.
- Working collaboratively with organisations who share similar goals to the Cancer Society.
National Office is also home to Cancer Society's commercial company, Daffodil Enterprises Ltd, which is responsible for the development and marketing of a range of products. The products are sold in retail stores to generate income for the Cancer Society.