The Cancer Society Canterbury West Coast division is looking for a Fundraising Coordinator to join one of our regional teams, based in Timaru.
If you’re an energetic and creative go-getter who takes pride in making “the ask” and thrives on getting positive results, then we want you on our team!
This is a permanent part time position of 20 hours a week.
The role is rewarding and fast paced, and you’ll be making a tangible difference to the lives of people living with and beyond cancer in the local community.
The purpose of the role is to increase income for the centre including Relay For Life & Daffodil Day, coordinate fundraising events, encourage and support volunteers and community fundraising activities, promote and raise profile of the campaigns, create new business partner relationships and implement new fundraising initiatives.
Applicants should ideally possess the following attributes:
- A qualification in marketing, communications or similar discipline
- Significant track record of successful fundraising for Not for Profits including the ability to make the ask
- Strong social media and design skills
- Experience with handling the media
- Event coordination skills (desirable)
- Experienced in Microsoft Office suite of applications and database work
- Experience with data analysis, reporting and presentation
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Persuasive and able to influence
- Exceptional organising and planning skills
- Enjoys working with people, easily establishes rapport and maintains positive and respectful working relationships
- Ability to network, build new relationships and work collaboratively with others
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- A full New Zealand Drivers Licence
Please apply via Seek with your CV and covering letter, addressed to Wendy Tyler, HR Consultant.
Applications close 5pm, Friday 17th September 2021.