The Taranaki Cancer Society is looking for a Fundraising and Events Coordinator to join its small, supportive team on a fixed term contract.
The Cancer Society Taranaki is looking for a Fundraising and Events Coordinator to join its small, supportive team.
This is a fixed-term part-time position covering parental leave – starting January 10th 2022 up to and including Thursday September 1st 2022.
If you’re an energetic go-getter who takes pride in making “the ask” and thrives on getting positive results then we want to hear from you.
The position is located in our modern offices in Taranaki for 20 hours a week.
The role is rewarding and fast paced and you’ll be making a tangible difference to the lives of people living with and beyond cancer in the local community, which includes the wider Taranaki region.
The purpose of the role is to increase income for the centre with a particular focus on Relay For Life & Daffodil Day.
The successful candidate will also coordinate fundraising events, encourage and support volunteers and community fundraising activities, create new business partner relationships and implement new fundraising initiatives.
Applicants should ideally possess the following attributes:
- A qualification in marketing, communications or similar discipline
- Significant track record of successful fundraising for Not for Profits including the ability to make the ask
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of the ethics and operating policies of FINZ
- Strong social media skills
- Experience with handling the media
- Experience with Microsoft Office and database work
- Experience with data analysis, reporting and presentation
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Public speaking skills
- Strong customer service ethics
- Demonstrates an ability to follow through and deliver
- Enjoys working with people, easily establishes rapport and maintains positive and respectful working relationships
- Demonstrates a willingness to proactively engage with and an ability to adapt approaches to meet the needs of different cultures
- Ability to network, build new relationships and work collaboratively with others
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- A full New Zealand Drivers Licence
Send your CV, covering letter and completed application form to Sushmita.Chakravarty@cancercd.org.nz by 5pm on Friday, October 29th.