The Cancer Society Central Districts Division is recruiting for a Marketing Assistant.
The role is located in our Palmerston North office and is a permanent part-time position of 20 hours a week.
The Marketing Assistant position is to support and assist the Cancer Society Central Districts in Palmerston North and will provide guidance and advice on communications and systems and will support and promote communications across the Division with a clear focus on improving communication for Cancer Society (CS) services. The role will have a significant focus on the use of social media for community fundraising and community connection.
The specific working days and times will be negotiated to suit.
About The Position:
This is a busy and varied role in which the successful candidate will need to:-
- Create and publish a quarterly newsletter
- Draft and produce Donor mail letters
- Create and publish social media posts for the Centres and Division
- Ensure Website content for the Division on the national CS website is current and accurate
- Assist with the development of social media infrastructure and approaches to engage potential donors/community fundraisers
- Support the development of a marketing and communications plan to promote the Cancer Society Central Districts in the community and its impact both internally and externally
- Build a story bank of successful initiatives which can be used in publicity and to celebrate the role of the Cancer Society and its supporters
- Use Facebook, Raisely, Twitter, LinkedIn and other on-line resources to improve outcomes
We want to hear from you if you have:-
- A qualification in marketing, communications or similar discipline is preferred
- Minimum of 6 months experience in communications, media or similar (voluntary experience in this field of work is welcomed).
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong social media skills
- Experience/willingness to learn with handling the media
- Experience with Microsoft Office and database work
- Experience/willingness to learn data analysis, reporting and presentation
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to network, build new relationships and work collaboratively with others
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Understanding of publishing/design/printing processes
- Drivers licence essential
The Cancer Society is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees by incorporating the principals of Te Tiriti O Waitangi. We offer excellent work-life balance, flexible hours, professional development opportunities and are family orientated. You’ll be joining a dedicated and collaborative team where initiative is applauded.
Please download and complete the application form and send it along with your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
Please ensure you download, complete and supply the application form - failure to do so may mean your application is not considered.
Applications close 5pm Wednesday, 14th December 2022.