The Cancer Society Central Districts Division is recruiting for 3 x part-time positions of 20 hrs/pw for our Kia Ora E Te Iwi programme.
The Cancer Society’s mission is to improve community wellbeing by reducing the incidence and impact of cancer. Reducing cancer inequities is a priority for the organisation, especially for Māori who experience a disproportionally high burden of cancer mortality and morbidity. Te Tiriti o Waitangi is foundational to our work to address this both internally and across the health system.
The Cancer Society Central Districts Division is establishing a new team to deliver its Kia Ora E Te Iwi programme. Kia Ora E Te Iwi is a Kaupapa Māori community delivered, education, advocacy, and support programme to increase whānau knowledge about cancer, including cancer prevention and existing cancer services.
We are looking for people who have strong community links and who can establish relationships, facilitate programmes, and coordinate team input to the programme.
The specific objectives of the role are to:
- Build connections with communities and broker Kia Ora E Te Iwi programme
- Plan and run the programme in partnership with Māori providers and communities
- Build the confidence of the broader Central Districts team in working with Māori communities
- Report on our activities to communities
- Foster the development of a sustainable KOETI programme
- Maintain relationships with communities post KOETI, and broker access to Central Districts Cancer Society services
The skills and experience we are looking for include:
- A strong track record in working in the community
- A clear understanding of the Te Tiriti O Waitangi, Kaupapa Māori, support Te Reo Māori, and effective communication and presentation skills
The Cancer Society Central Districts Division covers the following regions/rohe:
- Hawke’s Bay
We welcome applications or Expressions of Interest for these (3) roles within our Divisional regions/rohe.
Please download and complete the application form and send it along with your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please ensure you download, complete and supply the application form - failure to do so may mean your application isn't considered.
Applications close 5pm Friday, 12 May 2023.