Cancer Society’s mission is to improve community wellbeing by reducing the incidence and impact of cancer. Te Tiriti o Waitangi is foundational to our work, and reducing cancer inequities is a priority for us, especially for Māori.
The Cancer Society works with communities to provide leadership and advocacy in cancer control, with core services in supportive care, health promotion, information, advocacy and research.
About the role
This is an essential position where you will be responsible for the safe, supportive and efficient operation of our accommodation facility Margaret Stewart House (MSH) during usual office hours on Thursdays and Fridays (2 days per week).
MSH offers patients a place to stay if travelling from out of Wellington while having cancer treatment at the hospital. An important focus for this role is looking out for the welfare of patients and keeping the house running smoothly.
Key responsibilities include:
- Helping guests with information in the house, providing friendly support or extra equipment when needed.
- Provide housekeeping support (including cleaning) for the house with assistance from volunteers to ensure the house is clean and tidy at all times.
- Meet and greet all visitors, including checking guests in and out including providing health and safety information
- Facilitating good behaviour among guests, mediating if there are any problems – along with support from management.
- Supervising and supporting volunteers who work at the house.
- Assist the volunteering manager with recruiting and rostering of volunteers.
- Manage all bookings for the house using the in-house database
- Some financial management responsibilities e.g, dealing with petty cash.
To be successful in this role you’ll need:
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to manage a busy work environment
- Previous experience in a supervisory role including working in the health sector would be advantageous.
- Good computer skills including Microsoft excel and database knowledge
- A minimum NCEA qualification and /or relevant work experience
- Previous experience in managing an accommodation facility such as a hotel/motel would be ideal
- To be comfortable in relating to people of all cultures, ethnicities and ages.
- Candidates are required to be New Zealand citizens or hold residency status to work in New Zealand.
We can offer you:
- A supportive work environment with a valued commitment to employee wellbeing including
- Comprehensive sick leave including extra covid leave
- Extra well-being leave days per year, plus an annual wellbeing allowance
If you would like the opportunity to be part of an organization making a difference in people’s lives every day, then we would love to hear from you.
Please apply online here: https://www.seek.co.nz/job/69308474