The Central Districts Cancer Society is looking for a Supportive Care Coordinator to join its team making a difference in the lives of people with cancer.
This new position is located in Hāwera and Whanganui.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person to join the team at the Cancer Society of Taranaki and Whanganui as our Supportive Care Coordinator.
The position is part-time permanent 30 hours a week with two days each week being located in our new Te Hāwera office and another two days based in our Whanganui centre – so some flexibility is required.
The Cancer Society of New Zealand strives to minimize the impact and incidence of cancer in our community and Te Whare Tapu Whā is our model of practice.
The person we are looking for will have the following skills.
- A relevant degree or experience in health care, social services/counselling, health science or social work.
- Effective interpersonal skills, including assessment and facilitation and a proven ability to develop networks.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Effective time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and databases.
- Current drivers licence.
The primary focus of the position will be to:
- Provide support and information to cancer patients and their whānau.
- Increase awareness and use of the Cancer Society support services in the community.
The Cancer Society is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees by incorporating the principals of Te Tiriti O Waitangi. The role offers variety and the opportunity to join an enthusiastic and dedicated team, who work hard in the community to support cancer patients and their families.
If you have the capabilities above and want to be part of an organisation making a difference in people’s lives every day, then we would love to hear from you.
When applying, please download and send your completed application form, CV and covering letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close 5pm June 10th, 2022.
Send your CV, covering letter and completed application form to email@example.com by Friday June 10th, 2022.