We have umbrellas and marques available for events organised by local community groups over the summer period.
Our shade loan programme allows local community non-profit groups to hire marquees and umbrellas for local community events free of charge.
If you are selling tickets to an event you can still use our shade loan equipment but there will be a small cost. Please contact us for more information.
The umbrellas and marquees are available from 1 October to 31 March. You can book early by filling out the request form below.
Download, complete and return the Application form below to apply for shade loan equipment.
Terms and Conditions of Shade Loan Hire
- Nelson Tasman Cancer Society provides shadeloan for local community, not for profit groups for local community events.If you are selling tickets to an event you can still use our shadeloan but there will be a small cost. Please contact us for more information.
- Nelson Tasman Cancer Society will not take any responsibility for any personal injury or damage to property; this must be covered by the borrower’s public liability insurance.
- The shade tents must be used for protecting people and not merchandise or cooking.
- A $100 deposit by cheque or cash is to be paid on collection, which will be refunded on return of equipment in good condition. No refund will be given if the equipment is damaged, lost. Please also provide a printed bank slip.
- The borrower must pay for any damage to the shade structure(s).
- If the shade structure(s) is stolen the borrower will be charged the replacement costs.
- Marquees must be dry before return.
- If the shade structure(s) are returned and require cleaning, all costs incurred will be charged to the borrower.
- Shade Structures and equipment must be returned by the agreed date and time, failure to do this will result in your deposit being forfeited.
In partnership with the Nelson Tasman Cancer Society, we expect you to:
- Raise the profile of our Cancer Society branded sunscreen.
- Ensure that the sunscreen is applied correctly as recommended by the Cancer Society.
- Ensure that event organizers wear appropriate SunSmart clothing including a hat and sunglasses during an outdoor event.
- Promote SunSmart/Smokefree/Nutrition/Physical Activity cancer awareness messages. (Posters and/or information can be provided if requested)
- Smokefree events are to be totally smokefree for the entire event. This includes the venue and the immediate grounds.
- Acknowledge the Cancer Society’s assistance at your event – eg with regular SunSmart announcements.
- If the event is to be advertised, reference should be made to SunSmart, including the logo.
- The organisers should role model SunSmart behaviour.