The following goals are intended to ensure that everything the Cancer Society does moves us closer to achieving our mission.
Our mission | Tāhuhu
Reducing the incidence and impact of cancer in Aotearoa, New Zealand.
Our promise | Ngā Pou
Every person every cancer.
Our Foundation | Tūāpapa
We are Te Tiriti o Waitangi led and equity-focused.
Goal: To be a respected voice on cancer prevention, care and survivorship
- represent the experience of people with cancer, their whānau, and the wider community to decision-makers to improve cancer outcomes across the continuum for all New Zealanders
- develop a robust, nationwide information base that presents evidence from research findings and sector trends in a way that is accessible and usable for a variety of stakeholders
- use health intelligence to inform targeted health promotion and health literacy issues
Te Pae Tata
- Kia tū hei māngai mō te tangata whai mate pukupuku, ō rātou whānau me te hapori whānui atu ki ngā kaiwhiri e whakapai ake ai i ngā putanga huri noa i te whānuitanga
- Kia whakawhanake i tētahi pātengi mōhiohio ā-motu e mau ai ngā taunakitanga o ngā kitenga rangahau me ngā tikanga ā-rāngai nei kia māmā ai te tiki atu me te whakamahi mā ngā tāngata
- Kia meatia te kōrero tika mō te hauora hei hāpai i te whakatairanga hauora me ngā kaupapa whakamārama hauora
Goal: To be a valued partner within the health sector locally, nationally and internationally
- further develop partnerships with Māori and Pasifika health organisations that will improve access and outcomes for their populations
- strengthen existing relationships with key public health sector entities, including the Ministry of Health, DHBs, Health Research Council, Universities and PHOs
- explore the opportunity for a 'cancer alliance' with other New Zealand cancer NGOs
- pursue opportunities to build partnerships with international cancer NGOs to deliver better cancer outcomes to all New Zealanders
Te Pae Tata
- Kia whakawhakanke tonu i te mahi tahi me ngā rōpū hauora Māori, hauora Pasifika e pai ake ai te tiki mai me ngā hua mō ō rātou taupori
- Kia whakakaha ake i ngā hononga ki ngā rōpū o te rāngai hauora, tae atu ki te Manatū Hauora,
Poari Hauora ā-Rohe, te Kaunihera Rangahau Hauora, ngā Whare Wānanga me ngā Rōpū Hauora ā-Rohe
- Kia rapua he huarahi hei ‘haumi hauora’ me ētahi atu Rōpū Kāwana-kore
- Whāia ngā ara kia whakahoahoa ki ngā Rōpū Kāwana-kore o te ao whānui e pai ake ai ngā hua o te mate pukupuku mō ngāi aotearoa
Goal: To use our resources efficiently to deliver equitable cancer outcomes for people, whānau and populations
- champion a challenge ethos to strengthen and align divisions
- ensure governance is fit for purpose
- pursue opportunities to maximise revenue through joined-up fundraising approaches
- deliver value for money through a reduction in duplication of functions and activities
- ensure governance, staff, and volunteers reflect the diversity of the communities we serve
- develop priorities to guide resource allocation
- ensure the Research Strategy 2018-2023 is fit for purpose
Te Pae Tata
- Kia wero atu ki ngā wāhanga katoa e kaha ake ai rātou
- Kia tino tika ai te taha whakahaere
- Rapua he huarahi e whakanui ake ai i te taha pūtea mā te mahi tahi hei mahi moni
- Kia hāngai te mahi ki te moni mā te whakaiti haere i ngā pūruatanga ā-āheinga, ā-mahi hoki
- Kia kitea te kanorau i ngā kaimahi me ngā tūao pērā i tō ō mātou hapori
- Kia whakaritea ngā mahi tuatahi hei arataki i te toha rauemi
- Kia tika te Rautaki Rangahau 2018 - 2023 ki tā ngā whāinga e kī ai
Goal: To ensure we are anchored in our communities in the high-value services we deliver
- enhance and evolve supportive care and health promotion services in new models of care
- ensure that the organisation is sustainable by finding new ways of reaching the next generation of staff and volunteers and engaging digitally with our communities
- pursue opportunities that will make a real difference to population groups that bear a disproportionate burden of cancer
- ensure that all volunteers have positive experiences working with us and are given opportunities to contribute in a meaningful way
Te Pae Tata
- Kia hāpai, kia whanake hoki te taha manaaki me te whakatairanga ratonga hauora i ngā tauira manaaki hou
- Me mātua whakaritea te rōpū e ora tonu ai mā te rapu huarahi hou hei honohono ki te reanga hou o ngā kaimahi me ngā tūao, ā, kia hono ā-matihiko hoki ki ō mātou hapori
- Kia whāia ngā huarahi e tino āwhina atu ai i ngā taupori ka noho taumaha kino rā i te mate pukupuku
- Kia whakaritea ngā mahi kia tino pai rawa atu ai ngā wheako o ngā tūao e mahi tahi ana me mātou,
ka mutu, ka whai mana ai ā rātou mahi.
National Cancer Action Plan Strategic Priorities
- New Zealanders have a system that delivers consistent and modern cancer care.
- New Zealanders experience equitable cancer outcomes.
- New Zealanders have fewer cancers.
- New Zealanders have better cancer survival, supportive care and end-of-life care.
- He pūnaha atawhai
- He taurite ngā huanga
- He iti iho te mate pukupuku
- He hiki ake i te oranga