We are here to support people with cancer and their whānau in the Auckland/Northland region.
Providing baking/morning tea at Domain Lodge
Thank you for providing the gift of food for cancer patients at Domain Lodge.
Your generosity is much appreciated by the families and whānau who stay here. To ensure we keep everyone safe, please use the following guidelines:
Auckland/Northland Level 3 information
Auckland Level 3
Cancer Society offices in Auckland remain closed. Face to face support group meetings are cancelled.
If you are travelling to Auckland for treatment you should allow extra time and ensure you have appointment details on hand to cross the border.
- Domain Lodge in Auckland will remain operational to provide accommodation for all booked patients and support whānau during all COVID restriction levels, as an essential service.
- No visitors will be permitted during restriction level 3.
- Masks are to be worn in all shared and open spaces within Domain Lodge.
Driving services in Auckland
There is no volunteer driving service. We recommend you check with friends and whānau/family first to see if they can get you to your appointments.
We are coordinating with the hospital to organise transport for those people who have no alternatives.
Community Nursing & Psychology appointments - Auckland
- Community nursing and psychology appointments will be conducted by phone/remotely; all face to face appointments suspended until further notice.
Northland Level 3
- There are no volunteer driving services. Please ask whānau and friends to assist with transport to appointments and treatment where possible. We are co-ordinating with the DHB to organise taxis for those without support.
Supportive care visits/counselling
- Can be offered remotely. Get in touch with us to organise.
Support groups and groups using Daffodil House
- Support groups and home visits are cancelled.
- Most staff are working from home but can be contacted by phone and email.
- No access to Daffodil House.
- Yellow Shirts are on hold to Level 1 and all must be vaccinated.
Referral form for services
Our services are available to anyone diagnosed with cancer, family/whānau. Please use this form if you would like to use our services or refer someone else to our services.
If you or a member of your whānau have received a cancer diagnosis, you can just ring us on 0800 226 237. You don't need to be referred by a health professional.
Auckland/Northland - referral form for health professionals
You can help make sure no one faces cancer alone
Sheree was diagnosed with breast cancer and then lost her husband. Cancer Society nurse Catherine was there to help.
Join us live on Zoom and hear about strategies to help you cope with the impact of cancer on your li…
Learn how to navigate the losses and changes that occur throughout a cancer diagnosis.
Free talks presented by a Cancer Society Psychologist in Auckland.