We are here to support people with cancer and their whānau. We are part of the Waikato/Bay of Plenty Division of the Cancer Society.
Waikato/Bay of Plenty Level 2 information
All Cancer Society offices are open under Level 2 but face to face support group meetings remain cancelled.
If you are travelling to Auckland for treatment you should allow extra time and ensure you have appointment details on hand to cross the border.
Cancer Society's Lion Lodge
- Cancer Society Lions Lodge in Hamilton remains operational to provide accommodation for all booked patients and support whanau during all COVID restriction levels, as an essential service.
- Face masks worn in all public areas with physical distancing.
- Meals will be served in two sittings to maintain physical distancing
There are strict infection control measures in place and please scan QR code for contact tracing purposes.
No visitors permitted.
Waikato/BOP driving services
- Available via volunteer drivers with strict adherence to wearing a face mask, contact tracing, social distancing, and maintaining high levels of hygiene as per Alert Level requirements.
Waikato/BOP Supportive Care
- Supportive Care nursing will be conducted face to face and by phone/video.
- Face to face appointments require strict adherence to contact tracing, social distancing, strict hygiene requirements and face mask must be worn.
Referral form for Health Professionals
Our services are available to anyone diagnosed with cancer, family/whānau. Please use this form if you would like to use our services or refer someone else to our services.
If you or a member of your whānau have received a cancer diagnosis, you can just ring us on 0800 226 237. You don't need to be referred by a health professional.
Coin trails, raffles and dress-up days are fundraising staples for childcare centres that get behind…
When Small Steps Early Learning Centre found out about the move to level 4 lockdown, they knew it wo…
National Volunteer Week is an opportunity to recognise the work of volunteers in small communities, …
People volunteer for all kinds of reasons. For Michael Tills, the catalyst was last year’s Daffodil …
Meet our team providing support services to people affected by cancer and their whānau.
What we did across Waikato/Bay of Plenty last year
Cancer Society's Lions Lodge can be your home away from home while you are having treatment in Hamil…
We are here to help and support you and your whānau through cancer diagnosis, treatment and recovery…
Around the country, we have a dedicated team of volunteers to help drive you to treatments when your…
We have been supporting New Zealanders with cancer for over 90 years.