We are here to help provide support to people with cancer and their whānau across Taranaki, Manawatu-Whanganui, Hawkes Bay and Gisborne/East Coast regions. We are the Cancer Society Central Districts Division.
Central Districts (Taranaki, Whanganui, Manawatu, Hawkes Bay, Gisborne) COVID Level 2 information
All Cancer Society offices are open under Level 2.
- Available via volunteer drivers.
- Shuttle services (Taranaki and Hawkes Bay) are operating.
- All transport services are operating with strict adherence to contact tracing, social distancing, and maintaining high levels of hygiene, wearing a face mask, as per Alert Level guidelines
- Supportive Care will be conducted by phone/remotely and face to face.
- Face to face meetings conducted with strict adherence to contact tracing, social distancing and maintaining high levels of hygiene as per Alert Level guidelines. Masks must be worn.
Funding is available for external counsellor
Support groups remain suspended.
Referral form for Health Professionals
Our services are available to anyone diagnosed with cancer, family/whānau. Please use this form if you would like to use our services or refer someone else to our services.
If you or a member of your whānau have received a cancer diagnosis, you can just ring us on 0800 226 237. You don't need to be referred by a health professional.
Central Districts - referral form
Today the Cancer Society of New Zealand heralds two historic firsts – the appointment of our first f…
When it comes to safety on the job site, there are many hazards to be aware of, but harmful UV rays,…