Gentle Yoga is a free twice-weekly class for cancer patients and their supporters, hosted by a professional yoga instructor.
There's no need to book, just turn up on the day.
- Weekly, Wednesday at 11:00am-12:00pm
- Domain Lodge, 1 Boyle Crescent, Grafton
- Free parking available onsite
- Check-in at reception
Each yoga session lasts for 60 minutes. It involves a series of postures with breath work and relaxation time at the end of the class.
We recommend you wear clothing that you find easy to move and stretch in. Mats are provided.
If you would just like to come along and enjoy a peaceful hour sitting in a chair being with the class, feel free to join us.
This class is very relaxed, it’s suitable for any age group or fitness (or not fit) level.
Everyone is very welcome.
- Before class, always tell the teacher about any injuries or concerns you have including back and joint problems.
- Make sure you stay comfortable in your yoga practice.
- If any posture is painful for you, stop and let the teacher know
- After a yoga class make sure that you drink plenty of water.
One of our yoga teachers Tracy has developed some videos so that you can try yoga in your own home.
To watch her videos, click here.