The Cancer Society Central Districts Division is recruiting for an Events Coordinator for its Manawatu Centre.
The role is located in our Manawatu office and is a permanent part-time position of 25 hours per week.
The Events Coordinator will work within the Central Districts Division revenue generation strategy and lead and implement fundraising events with a clear focus on improving revenue generation to support Cancer Society services. The role will cover all aspects of events.
Specifically, the role will work within the Centre to identify:
- How best to align Divisional and Centre activities to maximise fundraising opportunities.
- Identify and support fundraising opportunities and ensure a cohesive and professional approach to all Centre fundraising activity.
- Lead Relay For Life and Daffodil Day for the Centre in consultation with the rest of the team.
- Ensure that supporters have an outstanding experience through the provision of our information, follow up and engagement with the Cancer Society.
Applicants should ideally possess the following attributes:
- Significant track record of successful events for Not For Profits including the ability to make the ask
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong social media skills
- Experience with handling the media
- Experience with Microsoft Office and database work
- Experience with data analysis, reporting and presentation
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong customer service ethic
- Demonstrate an ability to follow through and deliver
- Enjoys working with people, easily establishes rapport and maintains positive and respectful working relationships
- Demonstrate a willingness to proactively engage with and an ability to adapt approaches to meet the needs of different cultures
- A qualification in marketing, communications or similar discipline would be advantageous as would being comfortable speaking in public
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines and a full New Zealand drivers licence is necessary
If you have the capabilities above and want to be part of an organisation making a difference in people’s lives every day, then we would love to hear from you.
Please download and complete the application form and send it along with your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com.
Please ensure you download, complete and supply the application form - failure to do so may mean your application isn't considered.
Applications close 5pm Friday, 22 September 2023.