We are here to support people with cancer and their whānau across Wairarapa. We are part of the Wellington Division of the Cancer Society.
Wellington, including Kāpiti, Wairarapa, Nelson-Tasman and Marlborough Level 2 information
Wellington is now at Alert Level 2. We want you to know we are still here to provide information and support. Under Alert Level 2:
Margaret Stewart House
- The Cancer Society’s Margaret Stewart House remains open for people who need to travel for treatment at Wellington Hospital.
- Strict infection control measures and contact tracing.
- Masks should be worn in communal areas
Wellington driving services
- Transport to treatment is still available, with precautions in place.
- Our supportive care nurses are available to provide support either at our office (open from Thursday 8th September, 9:30am - 4:00pm) or over the phone and via email.
If you have cold or flu symptoms or have visited a location of interest in the last 14 days, do not enter our office and ring 0800 CANCER (226 237) to reschedule your appointment.
Please wear a face covering when entering our office and maintain social distancing where possible.
- Face-to-face support groups and programmes are currently suspended. We will contact you to reschedule or organise an alternate support option.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call 0800 CANCER (226 237), or email our nurses, email@example.com.
Who we are
The Wairarapa Centre focus is primarily on growing dedicated support systems; raising awareness in health promotion areas; seeking new initiatives; providing quality information; and networking to improve communication links with other related organisations in the health industry.
Cancer support groups and workshops across Wairarapa
We invite people with any type of cancer at any stage to join us for these workshops to help you face your cancer with confidence, feel stronger and live better.
These workshops provide a chance to connect and spend time with people who understand what you are going through and offer techniques to look after your skin, along with practical tips and tools on makeup application to help you face your cancer with confidence.
Referral form for Health Professionals
Our services are available to anyone diagnosed with cancer, family/whānau. Please use this form if you would like to use our services or refer someone else to our services.
If you or a member of your whānau have received a cancer diagnosis, you can just ring us on 0800 226 237. You don't need to be referred by a health professional.
Wellington - referral form
Meet our team providing support services to cancer patients and their whānau.