We are here to support people with cancer and their whānau from Kaiwaka to Cape Reinga. We are part of the Auckland/Northland Division of the Cancer Society.
Auckland/Northland Level 3 information
Auckland Level 3
Cancer Society offices in Auckland remain closed. Face to face support group meetings are cancelled.
If you are travelling to Auckland for treatment you should allow extra time and ensure you have appointment details on hand to cross the border.
- Domain Lodge in Auckland will remain operational to provide accommodation for all booked patients and support whānau during all COVID restriction levels, as an essential service.
- No visitors will be permitted during restriction level 3.
- Masks are to be worn in all shared and open spaces within Domain Lodge.
Driving services in Auckland
There is no volunteer driving service. We recommend you check with friends and whānau/family first to see if they can get you to your appointments.
We are coordinating with the hospital to organise transport for those people who have no alternatives.
Community Nursing & Psychology appointments - Auckland
- Community nursing and psychology appointments will be conducted by phone/remotely; all face to face appointments suspended until further notice.
Northland Level 3
- There are no volunteer driving services. Please ask whānau and friends to assist with transport to appointments and treatment where possible. We are co-ordinating with the DHB to organise taxis for those without support.
Supportive care visits/counselling
- Can be offered remotely. Get in touch with us to organise.
Support groups and groups using Daffodil House
- Support groups and home visits are cancelled.
- Most staff are working from home but can be contacted by phone and email.
- No access to Daffodil House.
- Yellow Shirts are on hold to Level 1 and all must be vaccinated.
Referral form for services
Our services are available to anyone diagnosed with cancer, family/whānau. Please use this form if you would like to use our services or refer someone else to our services.
If you or a member of your whānau have received a cancer diagnosis, you can just ring us on 0800 226 237. You don't need to be referred by a health professional.
Auckland/Northland - referral form for health professionals
When it comes to safety on the job site, there are many hazards to be aware of, but harmful UV rays,…
Today the Cancer Society of New Zealand heralds two historic firsts – the appointment of our first f…
Services delivered by Auckland Northland 2019/2020
Kensington, Whangarei 0145