Join our team of volunteers to influence change and help prevent cancer in Aotearoa!
As a Health Promotion Advocate, you will be part of our equity-focused Health Promotion Team working to promote our evidence-based prevention strategies, and stop cancer before it starts.
- Health Promotion Advocates are more than volunteers, they’re part of our Health Promotion Team and work closely with us to promote our key messages around cancer risk factors.
- Health Promotion Advocates want to help create a healthier future for Aotearoa – a future with less cancer.
- Promote our key health promotion messages through social media platforms and in person
- Work on our live advocacy campaigns
- Share our campaigns on social media or through local media
- Participate in events and engage with communities
- Advocate for the health and wellbeing of New Zealanders
- Engage with local politicians and decision-makers
- Are you passionate about advocating for the health and well-being of New Zealanders?
- Do you want to make meaningful connections and gain real-life Health Promotion experience?
- Do you enjoy engaging with others and working in a fun team environment?
If you answered yes to these questions, then this might be the role for you!
- There are no set hours for this role and any hours are subject to change depending on the capacity of each Advocate and what is required.
- Hours and commitments will be negotiated on a case-by-case basis to ensure everyone is comfortable with their set tasks and responsibilities.
- Health Promotion Advocates are required to attend training 1-2 times per year.
Please note that location of work will vary based on what is required however, all work will take place within the Cancer Society Wellington Division regions; Wellington, Wairarapa, Kāpiti, Malborough, Nelson/Tasman.
For more information or to talk to someone in our Health Promotion Team, please email email@example.com