We can provide one-on-one emotional and practical support to people with cancer, their family/whānau and friends.
Being diagnosed with cancer can be one of the most difficult situations a person would ever face in their lifetime.
Our caring and experienced healthcare staff across the country are here to support you. This service is free of charge.
If you or a loved one has cancer, our support team can help you with:
- understanding the type of cancer and the treatment you may have
- managing the cancer symptoms and treatment side effects
- explaining the hospital system and what you can expect
- listening to the concerns and questions that are most important to you and your family/whānau and working with you to find solutions
- talking to other health professionals involved in treatment to help your care go smoothly
- referring you to other Cancer Society support services
- finding other useful services that will help you
- practical problems, like getting to treatment and benefits you could get