Margaret Stewart House provides you with a place to stay if you’re from out-of-town and having cancer treatment at the Wellington Blood and Cancer Centre. The house is located in the grounds of Wellington Regional Hospital in Newtown, Wellington.
Are you eligible to stay at Margaret Stewart House?
You can stay Margaret Stewart House if you are having treatment for cancer or attending hospital appointments related to a cancer diagnosis.
You need an accommodation referral letter from your local hospital or the Wellington Blood and Cancer Centre (Phone 04 385 5999 ex 5303).
How much does it cost to stay at Margaret Stewart House?
If you live 100km or more from Wellington Regional Hospital you may qualify for the Ministry of Health Travel and Accommodation (NTA) scheme and there will be no charge to you.
You can bring a support person with you as long as you share a room. Children under 18 years old can't stay with you but are welcome to visit.
You need to be able to look after yourself or have a supporter with you.
Booking and check in times
- When we receive your referral letter from the hospital we will send you a letter letting you know about your booking.
- You are able to check-in Monday to Friday between 8:30am and 4:00pm. Contact us if you need to check-in outside of these hours.
- We have limited parking available.
We are an easy walking distance to the treatment centre and the Newtown shops and have:
- Units with twin or double beds, en-suite bathroom, television, telephone, and facilities for tea and coffee
- Self-contained units
- Shared kitchens, dining and living areas
- A comfortable lounge with indoor and outdoor seating
- A quiet room
- Guest laundry with full facilities
- Meals are not provided.
- Margaret Stewart House is a smokefree environment.
- There is construction work underway at Wellington Regional Hospital so there may be noise at times.
There are two part time house supervisors and we have a fantastic team of volunteers to make you stay comfortable.
|Address||16 Hospital Road, Newtown, Wellington|
(04) 380 0300