Our nurses are here to help you with information and support through your cancer treatment and afterwards.
If you or a member of your whānau/family have been recently diagnosed or are receiving treatment for cancer, our cancer information nurses can help.
Our experienced nurses give practical information and support to help you manage throughout treatment. This service is free of charge.
Cancer Support Nurse Specialists can help with:
- understanding the type of cancer and the treatment you may have
- managing the cancer symptoms and treatment side effects
- explaining the hospital system and what you can expect
- listening to the concerns and questions that are most important to you and your family/whānau and working with you to find solutions
- talking to other health professionals involved in treatment to help care progress smoothly
- referring you to other Cancer Society support services
- finding other useful services that will help you
- practical problems, like getting to treatment and benefits you can get