If you have to travel to Christchurch for cancer appointments or treatment, the Daffodil House and Daffodil Lodge can be your home away from home.
Services and facilities available at the accommodation:
- family rooms
- cooking facilities
- communal lounges
- off-street parking
- access to a laundry
- support from Cancer Society staff members
- transport to appointments
This accommodation is free of charge for patients.
How do I make a booking for accommodation in Christchurch?
- the Oncology Centre at Christchurch Hospital can arrange accommodation at your request
- referrals can also be made by other health professionals, and Cancer Society staff
- self-referrals are also accepted
Please download the form at the bottom of the page to make a referral for our accommodation.
- you will be eligible for accommodation if you are currently attending planning or treatment for a cancer diagnosis and:
- you live more than than 350km from the Christchurch Cancer Centre or St Georges Cancer Centre
- you live over 100km and have a Community Services Care
- you live over 100km away and likely to attend more than 6 appointments in a 6 month period
- due to space constraints, we are usually unable to provide accommodation for more than one support person
- due to space constraints, parking for only one vehicle is available for guests
- when our accommodation facilities are full, we try to find a suitable motel, however, this may not be possible at busy times of the year
- check-in time is no later than 4.30pm Monday to Friday, arrival outside of these times is by arrangement only
- check-out time is by 10.00am, unless prior arrangements have been made
- Daffodil House and Daffodil Lodge are not staffed outside of office hours (Monday to Friday 8.30 – 5.00pm) and provides no medical or nursing care, so people staying must be able to be self-sufficient and independent and able to get on and off our shuttle service unaided
- There are only stairs to the second floor, there are no elevators
- our building and premises are totally smokefree, if there is any smoking in our rooms there may be a charge for the room to be cleaned professionally.
Contact details for the accommodation
|Daffodil House||Address||91 Papanui Road, Christchurch|
48 Riccarton Road, Christchurch
|House & Lodge Bookings||Phone||(03) 377 6415|
There may be support and benefits available to get you through your treatment.
Cancer can impact not only your health but your lifestyle and relationships.
Construction of a new building to house the Cancer Society’s Christchurch-based patient accommodatio…